Dear Winery Owner/Winemaker:
It’s hard to believe that Virginia Wine Lover magazine will soon be celebrating its seventh year anniversary this summer. Throughout the years, we have been committed to educating and entertaining our readers while showcasing outstanding vintages of Virginia wine.
That’s why I want to invite you to participate in the 2016 Virginia Wine Lover Wine Classic.
Past competitions were a great success and included entries from some of the state’s best wineries. We hope that this year’s competition will be even better.
Like last year, the competition will be judged by authoritative members of the wine community in a controlled, blind tasting.
All awards will be announced in the July 2016 Summer/Fall issue of Virginia Wine Lover magazine, but since time is of the essence, here are some deadlines to consider:
- A Competition Overview is below and the Wine Classic Application can be accessed online at www.virginiawinelovermag.com/Wine-Classic-2016.
-Registration forms must be received no later than April 8, 2016.
- 3 bottles of wine per label must be received no later than April 25, 2016.
Please contact Pamela Hopkins, Special Events & Style Coordinator at 757‐422‐8979 ext 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Virginia Wine Lover
2016 Wine Classic Competition Overview
Qualifications for Entry
- A wine must have been produced for commercial sale.
- The competition will accept entries from wines made anywhere in the state of Virginia.
- Wines entered must be made using a minimum of 75% grapes grown in Virginia.
- $150 for up to five labels entered.
- Pre-registration is mandatory.
- For your convenience the application process is online. Please go to www.virginiawinelovermag.com/Wine-Classic-2016 to begin your application process
- An unlimited number of entries is allowed. Complete additional forms as necessary.
- Each entry includes up to five different labels in any category.
- The same wine may not be entered in more than one category.
- Registration forms must be submitted and received by Virginia Wine Lover magazine no later than April 8, 2015.
- Three bottles of wine per label must be submitted and received no later than April 25, 2016. Please ship wine pre-paid or delivered to Virginia Wine Lover magazine (ATTN: Pamela Hopkins), 1264 Perimeter Parkway, Virginia Beach, VA 23454.
- All wine must be shipped, pre-paid or delivered to Virginia Wine Lover magazine.
- It is the responsibility of entrants to deliver their entry wines in good condition.
- All left over wines become the property of Virginia Wine Lover magazine.
- The Chairman reserves the right to create new categories if the number of entries warrants
- Wines will be judged, double blind, using the modified Davis 20-Point system by a panel evaluating each on their relative merits within their category.
- The judge’s decision is final and results are never altered when the decision is made.
- There will be platinum, gold, silver and bronze medals awarded with multiple winners in each category. Winners will be announced in the July 2016 Summer/Fall issue of Virginia Wine Lover magazine.
- White Wines
- Red Wines
- Desert & Late Harvest Wines
- Rose, Blush & Pink Wines
- Sparkling Wines
- Cider & Mead
- OSP- Sparkling
- WVB- Vidal Blanc
- WSA- Sauvignon Blanc
- WSY- Seyval Blanc
- WRS- Riesling
- WVG- Viognier
- WPM- Petit Manseng
- WCH- Chardonnay
- WOT- White Other
- ORS- Rose
- OFR- Fruit
- ODS- Desert/Late Harvest
- CME- Cider/Mead
- RPV- Petit Verdot
- RCH- Chambourcin
- RML- Merlot
- RNT- Norton
- RCF- Cabernet Franc
- RCS- Cabernet Sauvignon
- ROT- Red Other